Saturday 29 April 2017
Update 10 on the Environment Agency's repair work in Torcross
We are currently working hard to finalise the detailed design for the sea wall repair works.
- The planning and the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) applications were submitted on the 11 August 2016 and the sheet piles are now on order.
- The design shows that new sheet pile wall and reinforced concrete capping beam will extend 1.1m out from the existing capping beam, approximately 250mm lower, with a 1:40 seaward slope.
- The sheet piles are to be driven into existing beach material. Shingle will not be removed from the beach for infilling the new wall construction, but contain the material that is already there.
- Further details can be found on the planning application drawings once available on South Hams District Council planning portal - http://www.southhams.gov.uk/searchlanding.
- Our earliest start date on site could be mid-September when the piles are due to arrive, however this is dependent on us receiving planning application and MMO consenting approvals.
- We will be in contact with affected residents within the next month to carry out visual inspections of properties before the works commence.
- Publish Date: Wednesday 31st August 2016